Sunday, January 11, 2009

Joining Sony Ericsson Family

Yet, another spending spree that amount up to 4 digits this time, welcoming me into the family of Sony Ericsson users. Ladies and gentlemen, first time ever, I'm introducing Sony Ericsson handphone into my life.

I was in search for a good handphone to replace my faulty Nokia 1100 about few weeks. Changing hp had never came into my mind. For hp, I'm staying put on this philosophy : Use it until it is spoilt. You can name me stingy, outdated or old-fashioned but that won't move me even an inch to withdraw money from ATM machine for a new hp. As long as my hp is still functional and fulfill my daily needs, then it should stay.

My "antique" Nokia 1100 (which my boss said it's supposed to belongs to trash bin -.-") automatically and frequently change to handsfree mode and did not allow me to undo it. Due to this problem, sometimes I could not answer to a call and the hp alarm clock wouldn't ring. So, my new hp should have alarm clock, camera and radio. These requirements are too basic that almost every camera phone can provide them. So I guess quality does matters, and of course, value for money too.

Only two brands which I took into account during my search , they are Nokia and Sony Ericsson. I can consider myself as a Nokia fans cause Nokia has been with me since the era of 3310. Sony Ericsson were added into my consideration because of the camera quality it's famous for.

I went to Lowyat Plaza 3 times to do my window shopping, asking about prices and even tested out handphones at one of the booth. I seldom do that kind of window shopping, maybe it's the first time lol. After listening to recommendations from sales person, Sony Ericsson's Cyber-shot™ camera phone should be the best answer. After browing through internet, the options are further narrowed down to either K850 or C902.

It's a tough decision I made to take C902 instead of K850 because both of the phones are 5 Megapixcels Cyber-shot™. The price that I can get for K850 is RM780* while C902 is RM1130* (* = price for AP set), so it made K850 more appealling to me. But, K850 is quite bulky compared to C902, not to mention when it's in my pants. Also, C902's camera is well hidden inside its casing when unused while K850 does not have any cover for its lens.


I think and think and think.... in the end, I choosed to ignore the RM350 price difference and pamper myself for once. It's kinda heartache when I handed over the stack of RM50 notes to the sales person, I'm just not used to buy any item priced more than RM1000 in cash form. Thinking back now... I can still feel the heartache. =(


Until now, I still haven't explore all the functions of C902. I'm waiting Wen to come back and teach me how to use some of the functions. Reading the manual is boring. =P Basically, I'm satisfied with the camera's function. No regrets!!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger tanshuyin said...

wah...u no more using ur LAU IA nokia hp dee? so now left peter nya with the worst hp dee lor!

January 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

It might be a wise choice not to change hp =) Unless needed...

January 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanor. Mobile phones for me is like, for answering and making phone calls, SMS-es, alarm clock, and BT to sync contacts (which I seldom use also nowadays). Good camera is a bonus. lol.

January 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Shurainian said...

Hehe... kesian nia.... *SAYANG* Miss you la!!

January 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Shu-Min said...

like SE promoter

January 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Tak ada pun... Tak mentioned the functionality pun... Tak cakap buruk Nokia pun... Mana ada promote... U ingat aku macam orang jual kamera ke? hehehe

January 13, 2009 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger mimiteekay said...

yalo! welcome to the se family. since using se two years back, dun really have much complaints!!!! fyi, my fon same model as wen n min- great mind think alike but now urs the most canggih!!!!

January 31, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home