Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hashbrown

This entry supposed to be posted 2 weeks ago... I'm just too lazy to put it in after all those stress in work. After reading shu-yin's blog (her proclaimed unofficial food blog) about her deep fried fillet, I felt very hungry and went straight to refrigerator and defreeze 3 piece of Hashbrown + nuggets.

Frying Hashbrown may seems easy until I tried it out myself. Anyhow, I managed to get some perfect fried Hashbrown in the end.


This is the first try.... failed. I think should be because of the oil is not hot enough and I acted smart to use the spatula to squeeze the Hashbrown, thought wanna make it slimmer. But the Hashbrown sticked to the spatula and the result.... spoiled Hashbrown ....

This first hashbrown result reminds me of wen. The first time she cooked me hashbrown, it was exactly the same. I think she did the same thing like me :P

The second try: almost success.
- Oil is quite hot now, I don't dare to use spatula to squeeze it to pan anymore. Just flip it again, again and again. But the color is not nice enough.


Third try: Near to perfect stage. Maybe you can't see the difference between the second and the third one, but the color of third one is more brown and golden color. I think should be because of the oil very hot. To my amaze, the hot hot oil did not over-fried the hashbrown even after I fried it for very long. Hmmm... I tried taking the third one from different angle and all of them seems to have different color.




So, at last.... I had my lunch ready... tadaaaaaaa.......



Hehe... just kidding.... below is the real one.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Shurainian said...

OOOHH!! You are saying ur hashbrowns nicer than the ones i cook lah!! When i cook u say YUMYUM lah..... NOw dont need me anymore lah!!!! GRrr.. NEXT TIME U COOK!

October 20, 2008 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

huhuhu.... no la....
It was really yummy...... until I tasted the one cooked myself wahahahahahah

Just kidding, don angry. I don wan to cook ahhhhhhh

October 20, 2008 at 12:13 AM  
Blogger mimiteekay said...

kuku here, nvm lo.... nice to look at so who cares abt the taste!! the important thing is that u tried for so many times-shows ur determination!!!hi5 for u..

October 20, 2008 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow... kuku, u read my blog too!! What a surprise :) thanks

October 20, 2008 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Shu-Min said...

good that u r practising to cook for me when u r back during the next holiday! =P

keep up the good work! you can always improve to fried chickens...

October 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Min, I'm teaching you how to cook for me la. haha

October 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Shu-Min said...

Learning how to cook is an art....
so u hv to try and will becomes better each time.
i am also waiting for you to cook when u come back.
Psst...u r better than Uncle, he will definately drive out and get these hushbrown from the Western Food Store... hahaha ;-)

Aunty Ping

November 2, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home